Frequently Asked Questions

How do I join the 176th Wing?
The 176th Wing is always interested in adding good men and women to our team. See our recruiting page for more information.
How do I find out what will be expected of me at basic training?
Air National Guard recruits attend normal Air Force basic training, right alongside their active-duty counterparts. That training is managed by the Air Force's 737th Training Group. For more information, visit their Web site.
What are my benefits as a Reservist/National Guardsman?
For information on benefits, contact the Headquarters Air Reserve Personnel Center at 1-800-525-0102 or visit their Web site.
How can I contact military personnel?
The Air Force can locate active-duty personnel, as well as retirees, reservists and guardsmen. The Air Force cannot locate former members who have separated from the Air Force or who are retirees from the Army Air Corps. Information on individuals stationed overseas or in a sensitive position will not be released; however, the locator service will forward mail to that person for up to 90 days, as long as the correct postage is on the envelope and any required fee has been paid. Parents, spouses, and government officials may call (210) 565-2660. If you need to contact a military member for emergency purposes, please call your local Red Cross chapter. Use operator assistance if necessary, or you may also find your local Red Cross chapter telephone number by visiting the Red Cross web site, clicking on "Your local Red Cross" and entering your zip code. For locator service write to:

Air Force Worldwide Locator /AFPC /MSIMDL 
550 C Street West Suite 50 
Randolph AFB TX 78150-4752
How can I obtain copies of my military records?
Individual military departments, including the Air Force, do not maintain files or records pertaining to individuals no longer on active duty. When an individual is separated from military service (because of retirement, discharge from active duty, or death), his/her Field Personnel File (containing all military and health records) is forwarded for storage to the National Personnel Records Center (Military). The Records Center is under the jurisdiction of the National Archives and Records Administration (NARA) of the United States Government.

An individual's complete service record is available to the former service member or, if deceased, to his/her next of kin (parents, spouse, or children). Limited information (such as dates of service, awards, and training) is available to anyone. Not available to the general public is information which would invade an individual's privacy; for example, medical records, Social Security number or present address.

If requesting the records of a relative, a requester should mention the relationship to the former member (brother, uncle, or other). There is no charge for this service to former service members or their next of kin. For others, a nominal fee is charged for research and reproduction costs. Files at the Records Center are maintained as historical records only and are not updated to reflect current data on the former service member. The address for the National Personnel Records Center is:

National Personnel Records Center
9700 Page Blvd
St. Louis MO 63132
Phone: 314-801-0800 or 1-866-272-6272 (1-86-NARA-NARA)

For individuals compiling family histories, NARA provides assistance to those interested in genealogy. NARA normally charges a nominal fee for research and reproduction costs. Their address is:

National Archives and Records Administration (NARA)
8th St and Pennsylvania Ave
Washington DC 20408
I would like to sell a product/service to the Air National Guard
Under the Federal Acquisition Regulations, any contracting opportunities/projects that the National Guard undertakes are solicited via normal contracting procedures, including approval from the Acquisition Planning Board. For your convenience, to find out about contracting opportunities with the National Guard, log on to the Commerce Business Daily web site. All solicitations on behalf of the Guard can be found on that site.

Social Media