Colonel Radford was commissioned into the Air Force through the four-year ROTC program. After completing undergraduate pilot training at Columbus AFB, he was assigned to the 75th Airlift Squadron at Ramstein Air Base, Germany. Colonel Radford served as a C-9 Instructor Pilot, flying medevac missions throughout the European and CENTCOM theater supporting Operations NORTHERN and SOUTHERN WATCH. He was then selected to fly the KC-10 at McGuire Air Force Base, NJ. He flew as a KC-10 Instructor pilot during multiple deployments in support of Operations IRAQI FREEDOM and ENDURING FREEDOM. Selected for the Phoenix Reach Program, Colonel Radford served as initial cadre for the 517th Airlift Squadron’s stand up of C-17s in 2007, where he deployed in support of Operations ENDURING FREEDOM and NEW DAWN. After separating from the Regular Air Force, he elected to stay in Alaska and join the Alaska ANG’s 249th Airlift Squadron. There he has flown as a C-17A Evaluator Airdrop Pilot and was initial cadre for the development of C-17 Long Range Search and Rescue and NASA capsule recovery missions. As a Command Pilot, he has flown more than 5,000 military flying hours, including 480 combat hours. Colonel Radford and his wife, Andrea, live in Chugiak, AK and have one daughter, Helena.
1999 Bachelor of Arts, Political Science, University of Akron, OH.
2001 Undergraduate Pilot Training, Columbus AFB, MS.
2005 Squadron Officer School, Maxwell AFB, AL.
2014 Air Command and Staff College (correspondence)
2015 Reserve Component National Security Course, Washington DC.
2016 ANG Squadron Commander’s Course, Andrews AFB, MD.
2016 Air War College (correspondence)
2018 ANG Commander’s Development Course, Andrews AFB, MD.
2019 Safety Board President’s Course
2019 Director of Mobility Forces, Tyndall AFB, FL.
1. 1999-2000; Wing Training Officer, 20th Fighter Wing, Shaw AFB, MS.
2. 2000-2001; Student Undergraduate Pilot Training, 14th Flying Training Wing, Columbus AFB, MS.
3. 2001-2003; C-9 Instructor Aircraft Commander(AC), 75th Airlift Squadron, Ramstein AB, Germany.
4. 2003-2006; KC-10 Instructor AC, Ops Group Executive Officer, 32nd ARS, McGuire AFB, NJ.
5. 2007-2010; C-17 Instructor AC, Flight CC, ADO, Director of Staff, 517th AS, JBER, AK.
6. 2010-2018; C-17 OGV Airdrop Evaluator Pilot, Ops Officer, Commander, 249th AS, JBER, AK.
7. 2018-2020; Commander, 176th Operations Group, JBER, AK.
8. 2020-Present; Vice Commander, 176th Wing, JBER, AK.
Rating: Command Pilot
Flight hours: 5000+ Military, 480 Combat hours
Aircraft flown: T-37, T-1, C-9A, KC-10, C-17A, HH-60G, HC-130J
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Legion of Merit
Meritorious Service Medal with Two Oak Leaf Clusters
Air Medal with Two Oak Leaf Clusters
Aerial Achievement Medal with One Oak Leaf Cluster
Air Force Commendation Medal with One Oak Leaf Cluster
Air Force Achievement Medal
Air Force Outstanding Unit with Valor Device and 9 Oak Leaf Clusters
Afghanistan, Iraq and Kosovo Campaign Medals
Humanitarian Service Medal
NATO Medal for Kosovo
Alaska Meritorious Service Medal
Alaska Air Medal